Taniya Chakraborty joined the group as new PhD students. Welcome!
Simge Yüz defended her PhD thesis entitled “Re-programming cell interactions with light dependent heterodimers”. Congratulations Dr. Yüz!
Solveig and Lisa published their paper on “Dynamic blue light-switchable protein patterns on giant unilamellar vesicles” in Chemical Communications. Congratulations!
Seraphine Wegner joined the Faculty Member of the Max Planck Graduate Center (MPGC)
- Seraphine Wegner received an ERC Starting Grant for her project ARTIST -Artificial cell-cell interactions for light switchable cell organization and signaling.
- Canelif Yilmaz joined the group for an intership. Welcome!
- Fei published his paper on “Blue Light Switchable Bacterial Adhesion as a Key Step toward the Design of Biofilms” in ACS Synthetic Biology. Congratulations Fei!
- Dr. Fei Sun from the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at HKUST (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology) visited the group with 2 PhD students as part of the DAAD Germany/Hong Kong joint Research Scheme.
- Solveig, Lisa, Ilke and Julia attended the MaxSynBio Workshop on Protein Technology. Solveig and Lisa led the experiment on optogenetics. Thank you for your support!
- Seraphine Wegner presented at the BrisSynBio & MaxSynBio Joint Workshop.
- Samaneh Rasoulinejad and Oya Ilke Sentürk joined the group as new PhD students. Welcome!
- Marc Müller joined the group as a new PhD student. Welcome!
- Dongdong Xu joined the group as a new PhD student. Welcome!
- Dongdong was awarded PhD fellowship by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC). Congratulations!
- Seraphine Wegner gave an invited talk at the CellMatrix Conference in Berlin/Germany.
- Seraphine Wegner was selected as a finalist for the European Young Chemist Award at the 6th EuCheMS Chemistry Conference in Seville/Spain.
- Seraphine Wegner, Julia Ricken, Solveig Bartelt, Elizaveta Chervyachkova and Simge Yüz from the group presented posters the Chemical Biology 2016 EMBL conference in Heidelberg/Germany.
- Julia, Solveig and Simge attended the Non-Neuronal Optogenetics: From Design to Application in Cell Signaling and Tissue Morphogenesis Workshop at the EMBL.
- Solveig participated in the MaxSynBio Microfluidic Workshop in Göttingen.
- Cem Nass Duce from the Sabanci University/Turkey joined the group for a summer internship.
- Seraphine Wegner became a fellow of the Elisabeth-Schiemann-Kolleg.
- Seraphine Wegner received the fellowship "Young Leaders in Science" from the Ernst Schering Foundation.
- Fei Chen joined the group as a new PhD student. Welcome!
- Fei was awarded PhD fellowship by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC). Congratulations!
- Seraphine Wegner was awarded the Fellowship of the Daimler und Benz Stiftung to finance her project on light controlled protein micropatterning.
- The Wegner Lab started in January 2016! Read more
- Solveig Bartlet joined the group as a new PhD student. Welcome!