The Mainz Materials Simulation Days are by now an established series of biennial meetings organized by the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz and the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
The topic of the 2019 meeting is "Exploring Complex Free Energy Landscapes: Structure/Function Formation, Multiscales, and Long-timescales", with special focus on the development and applications of free energy methods and enhanced sampling methods.
Apart from invited talks there will also be numerous contributed talks. There will also be a poster session, with a poster prize sponsored by Advanced Theory and Simulations (Wiley-VCH).
The event took place Wednesday, June 5 - Friday, June 7, 2019, at the Staudinger Lecture Hall of the MPI for Polymer Research.
The next edition of the Mainz Materials Simulation Days will take place in June 2021.
This is a CECAM Node event. The webpage of the workshop can be accessed here.
Program and Abstracts
The program of the workshop can be found here
The abstract booklet can be found here.
The list of poster presentations can be found here.
Invited Speakers- Giovanni Bussi - SISSA Trieste
- John Chodera - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Lucie Delemotte - KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
- Gerhard Hummer - Max Planck Institute of Biophysics
- Bettina Keller - Freie Universität Berlin
- Kresten Lindorff-Larsen - University of Copenhagen
- Angelos Michaelides - University College London
- Christine Peter - University of Konstanz
- Fabio Pietrucci - Sorbonne Université
- Carme Rovira - University of Barcelona
- Gerhard Stock - University of Freiburg
- Pratyush Tiwary - University of Maryland, College Park