The Max Planck Society supports the employment of equal numbers of both sexes, the provision of equal opportunities and the compatibility of family and career. Every employee, particularly those with supervisory and management functions, bears responsibility for this. This aim shall be achieved through the application of the Policy for Equal Opportunities for Women and Men at the Max Planck Society.
Equal Opportunities Commissioner
Elected Equal Opportunities Commissioners' tasks, according to the official policy of the Max Planck Society, are to help implement and oversee the equal treatment of women and men, and prevent and eliminate gender discrimination at the Institute. They are involved in all measures concerning the employees, organization, and social life at the Institute, compatibility of family and career, and protection against sexual harassment in the workplace.
Policy against sexualized discrimination, harassment and violence
The rules of behavior regarding protection against sexualized discrimination, harassment and violence are determined in the "Policy against sexualized discrimination, harassment and violence".
Equal Opportunities at the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research
At the MPI-P we offer:
- A policy of holding seminars, colloquia, and meetings in the core hours of the day, when children are at school or at childcare—care is taken to avoid planning workshops and conferences at the weekend when possible.
- A stipend extension for parenting students.
- Childcare during conferences for children by PME Family Service.
- A changing table in the lower ground floor handicapped (and unisex) rest room.
- Support in finding approved babysitters and carers (for the elderly), back-up service and school holiday program by PME Familienservice.
- Cooperation for kindergardens of Studierendenwerk Mainz