Prof. Dr. Werner Steffen
Werner Steffen was born on April 12th 1954 in Ravengiersburg.
- From 1982 to 1990 he studied Physics at Johannes-Gutenberg University in Mainz and at Imperial College in London.
- 1990 – 1993 PhD thesis work in the group of Prof. E.W. Fischer at Max-Planck-Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz: „Untersuchungen zum Relaxationsverhalten des niedermolekularen Glasbildners ortho-Terphenyl mittels depolarisierter Licht- und Ramanstreuung“ – „Study of the relaxation behavior of the low molecular weight liquid ortho-Terphenyle utilizing depolarized light and Raman scattering“.
- 1994 postdoctoral research at Max-Planck-Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz in the group of Prof. E.W. Fischer.
- 1995 – 1997 project leader responsible for the X-ray and synchrotron activities in the group of Prof. E.W. Fischer.
- 1997-2015 professor at the HfPV Hessen in information science.
- since 1997 group leader at the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz
- since 1997 cooperation with the Max-Planck-Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz
- Dynamics at solid-liquid interfaces
- Structure and Dynamics
- Adaptive surfaces – surfaces adapting
35 (43), pp. 14042 - 14048 (2019)Control of Droplet Evaporation on Oil-Coated Surfaces for the Synthesis of Asymmetric Supraparticles. Langmuir
11 (30), pp. 27422 - 27425 (2019)Optimizing Hydrophobicity and Photocatalytic Activity of PDMS-Coated Titanium Dioxide. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces
34 (38), pp. 11292 - 11304 (2018)Adaptive Wetting-Adaptation in Wetting. Langmuir
82 (1), 015102 (2011)Resonance enhanced dynamic light scattering. Review of Scientific Instruments