Job Offer from September 02, 2021
Topic: Integration of biological functionalities into ultrathin, biobased polymer films via the immobilization of peptides and enzymes
Synthesis and post-modification of ultrathin films with bioactive peptides and enzymes. Potential applications of bioinspired films include enzymatic environmental remediation, enzymatic fuel cells, biosensing and wound treatment. The characterization and functionalization will be done in-house and with external collaborations.
Your tasks and techniques you will learn
- Electrochemical synthesis of ultrathin polydopamine films
- Immobilization of redox-enzymes and antimicrobial peptides on the films via adsorption, in-situ polymerization and post-functionalization
- Comprehensive characterization of the films with cyclic voltammetry, enzyme assays, UV/Vis, AFM, SEM, XPS and ToF-SIMS in cooperation with technicians and the supervising PhD student
- Opportunity to develop the research topic together with the supervisors and to contribute your own ideas
The ideal candidate:
- Highly motivated, independent students with a background in chemistry, biochemistry, materials science or a related subject
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Ideally, experience in working with enzymes, peptides, polymers or in electrochemistry
Candidates should send their application electronically containing an application letter, CV, to email@example.com
Application will be processed upon receipt and until position is filled.